I went for my Wednesday morning swim today. I've missed a couple of weeks and it felt good to get back to it.
Some of you may recognize this piece from a while ago. I've pulled it back out, hopefully to finish for a quilt show this fall.
The leaves were made by cutting up fabrics with a pinking rotary cutter. Next the bits are sandwiched between 2 layers of Glad Cling Wrap Plus which is BPA free. Then it is hooped, and free motion stitched. Finally, I laid it between 2 sheets of newspaper and ironed until all the plastic is melted away. I always do this with a window open.
I tacked the leaf sections down with a glue stick and free motion stitched them to the background.
I'm so anxious to get this part finished so that I can add some red dogwood bushes to the foreground.