Today, I had the urge to play a bit with my Gelli printing plate. I chose the colors (green, pink and orange) in Setacolor fabric paints inspired by my pot of my pot of daisies on my deck, and then I cut some daisy shapes out of copy paper. After rolling the paint onto the Gelli plate with the brayer, I laid down the paper flowers and then laid my piece of fabric on top and rubbed. I was having so much fun that I didn't think to take pictures of the process. This is what I ended up with.
If you look closely, you can see some additional texture added in the form of leaf prints. I ran outside and grabbed a leaf. Then I carefully laid the paper masks in place on the printed fabric to keep paint from getting into the white areas. After painting the back of the leaf, I laid it down, put a piece of paper towel on top and rubbed.
I hung them on the line for a bit--supposed to cure overnight but I was anxious to add some color. I used Neocolor II crayons for this step, spritzing the fabric first before coloring. You might notice the color that bled a little into the green. I don't mind that. Once I've added the stitching, it will hardly be noticeable and likely look like shading.
Blue Elephant Stitches . I might try to do a block here and there and maybe I'll end up with a baby quilt. I've not trimmed this one yet.