Tuesday, October 19, 2010

15 minutes of stitching

I've been busy getting a parcel ready and mailed to my daughter in Korea for Christmas.Yesterday I wrapped a dozen little gifts to tuck in it--some homemade--but again, of course, I cannot show them. It cost me $45 to mail it and that was regular post, so it will take at least 6 to 8 weeks. I do hope it will make it for Christmas!
The other thing I did today was to box up my new printer/scanner and take it back to Staples where I exchanged it for an upgrade. I had just purchased it a few weeks ago. I bought to use, among other things, for scanning and printing some of my art work. My husband and I had tried everything to adjust the colors form the scanner but it just wasn't good, so I traded up. This time it is a wireless Kodak scanner/ copier. I don't have it yet as they had to order it in.
By the time I got home, I had about 15 minutes to sit at my sewing machine. It's normally my yoga night with my husband, but he went without me as I had a doctor's appointment. This is what I did before I left. It's a top that I purchased at Frenchy's last week that I wanted to spice up with a bit of a personal touch. It's not much but it makes it mine. I used a piece of tear away stabilizer on the back and free motion stitched it with black and then green.

No comments: