Monday, May 3, 2010

Less blogging

You might have noticed I've been a little intermittent with my blog posts recently. It is because I am still not well, still off work, and still undergoing tests to try to figure it all out. I haven't wanted to go into the boring details of it all because at the moment it's a waiting game. I feel like I'm caught in some sort of foggy sort of dream that I cannot emerge from, so I am resting and getting some little things done that are not all that interesting to write about.
I did finish this baby sweater knit from a pattern that I found on Ravely. It is called the Seamless Yoked Sweater by Carole Barenys. I did leave the textured design off the sleeves and the bottom of the sweater, as instructed, if I wanted it to be for a little boy, but a couple of people have told me that they think it looks too girly. Most seem to think that it's just fine for a boy. Perhaps some masculine buttons would help. I'd love to hear some opinions on this.
 It is my friend Nicole's birthday today, and I'd like to wish her the best day. After my tests at the hospital this morning I dropped off a little package to her at her work. These are a few of my note cards that are copies of my postcard quilts (except for the fish huts which are done on watercolor paper). I also included some little bits of trim that I tried from the book Crochet Adorned by Linda Permann. Nicole does recycled art and makes wonderful bags from recycled fabric, so I thought she might like these bits.

Finally, last night after watching the Amazing Race, I took a few minutes to try this new water soluble pencil that I  bought  a couple weeks ago in Fredericton.. I'd read about it but not seen it before. I definitely will be using it  more. I love the feel of it while sketching and the way it dissolves with the brush and water is lovely.
I have a few good hours in a day in which I try to fit in the necessities and then some fun things. I am unable to spend much time at the sewing machine, so perhaps I won't be too prolifiic with art quilts for  a bit. I am passing my time knitting, sketching, making foam stamps, and doing little things. The weather here is warming and despite the rainy weather forecast for this week, we have had good temperatures and thus the gardens are weeks ahead of our usual schedule. I have cleaned out 3 little gardens  after suppers at night this week-- that seems to be when I feel a little better. Yesterday, I made a list of the few flowers and some vegetable seeds that I want to purchase for planting. This also cuts into quilting time, but I love to be out in the garden and I love to sit and sketch out there once it gets growing. My yard is very modest, but I will take a  few pictures the next time it stops raining.

No comments: