Sunday, September 20, 2020

Autumn here in northern NB

Oh how I love this this season! Cool comfortable nights and sunny fresh days. We’ve had some frost and the garden us winding down though; I wish it could last a little longer although I do enjoy the changing colors of the leaves.

Yesterday, I accessed the first part of a nearby trail where I could gather some wildflowers and take some pictures. Look what was in the middle of the trail a few meters in! For those without these creatures near you, it’s  bear scat - brown bear.  Generally, they wander closer to the houses at night and I’m not likely to see one here  in the daytime. 



These are my two favourite pics. The 1st on3 is a wild dogwood. And the next one is a wild white yarrow that I find so pretty, delicate and almost silvery.






I gathered a few to bring home and pop in a vase. There are alder cones, mountain ash berries, golden rod, pearly everlasting, and I think a wild celery. 





The colts match the Fiber art that I did last year. I wasn’t able to walk far enough to find the blue bead lily berries that I used for the piece. 



Before supper, I sat on the deck and sketched a quick bit of watercolour in my journal.
This morning, I sniped some of my herbs as the frost is soon going to kill them and I washed and dried them and put them in paper bags for the fridge. They will slowly dry there and last the winter.



My husband picked 3 large bags of apples which we’ll store in the cold room. I believe they me the best year ever, in 30 some years! Sweet and crispy.



I’ve been dying to make an apple crisp with our fall apples.



After lunch I cut and placed the remaining pieces on the cow and made a few adjustments. It’s ready now for stitching although I may still make a couple adjustments. 



Since 3:00 I’ve been sitting on the swing where I started winding a ball of merino dyed wool that I think I’ll use for a hat. I know, I have that poor bunny to finish but I need something easy to travel with and to work on late at night.




Once again I’m trying to add a video and I don’t think it’s working.

No comments: