Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Winter is here, advent calendar

The choice is I can be cranky about the early snowfall or I can strap on the snow shoes and get out there. It took a little pushing myself though; one must set the intention first thing in the morning while planning the day and stick to it.



At least it’s mild today and calm- very peaceful out there. I tried to take it slowly and with intention, focusing on the stillness, the air, the smells, and the view. I’ve been feeling anxious and stressed- probably the time of year but also I’ve been detoxing off the drug Gabapentin which has been a real trial. I’ve been on rather high doses for years with numerous side effects including weight gain and decided I’d had enough. I’ve been slowly reducing the dosage for a long time and finally stopped it about 2 weeks ago. The first 10 days were the worst with terrible insomnia and nerve problems. It’s easing although I’m still having anxiety and sweating.

I also took a few pictures as reference for another chickadee on the hand piece that I’m going to start as a commission.



No chickadees today; I was just posing. This is how I get started beyond the spark in the mind. I’m testing out poses and backgrounds. The hand and bird are paper prints of my photo from another year.







So that’s percolating...

I also took a photo of some curly birch bark as I’d like to add some to my birch tree.




I haven’t yet added the berry stalks. They will come after the background stitching is done.


This morning I finally got all the pockets stitched down on the advent calendar for Ollie who is now almost 3 yrs. 





I still have to add a sleeve for hanging on the back and free motion stitch something on top. Maybe trees. I need to find some little books.


Finally, but most exciting is my daughter’s news this morning that she is expecting a second boy. She’s almost 5 months.





No comments: