Thursday, August 29, 2019

Plovers on a tea towel

This is one of those slow rainy summer days when sewing is guilt free. You don’t feel like maybe you should be outside in the garden or doing something to enjoy the sun. Our summers are so short. Most of the time, I really do try to let my days unfold as they will though, according to how I feel.
 
Today, I decided to get a little much needed house work done early (for me) and then I popped over to Staples where I picked up a small wireless speaker, something that had been on my wish list for a while — perfect timing as it was on sale.

I’ve got it linked to blue tooth on my computer although I could quickly easily link it to my I Pad if I wanted. And one can move it from room to room. I know I’m rather late in discovering this; I feel pretty excited about it, lol, like I’ve discovered something new and exciting.






Once I got that figured out, and it took all of about 2 minutes, I was ready to finish laying out the little plovers on the tea towel. I ironed it all down and started the free motion stitching in black. 







I’m not adept at the satin stitch, nor do I often have patience for it. I do like the sketchy look of black free motion though. It has a gestural quality similar to a loose pen and ink. Hopefully, it will hold well enough to be used as I also used a light Steam a Seam.




No comments: