Wednesday, June 12, 2019

My yard, a free pieced cushion cover and painted sunflowers

Each day upon awakening, I have my tea in bed and contemplate my day. I must ration my energy and so I pick a couple  Of projects depending on how I feel  and the weather.
Today it was sunny, not too cool and breezy which meant no flies. A good day for a little gardening.








I weeded one more small section and added mulched. Little by little it gets done.



I’ve planted all my veggie seed against the deck and in the raised bed.





The apple tree is just coming into bloom.






I love the shadows.

Currently, I’m resting, but there’s always something to do. I put together a cushion cover made from a free pieced and quilted top done this past winter.  I like to put my front and back wrong sides together and then add a binding. I did cut the binding at 2 1/2”, a little larger than my normal. I think I could have gone larger still.

 

I like it against the grey sofa where I’m currently stretched out.



Finally, I pulled out this painted and screened sunflower piece started some time ago. It was meant to be a wall hanging or a runner; I think maybe I’ll finish the painting, cut it in two and make a bag.




No comments: