Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Week of treatments and some decolorant paste testing

I finally got the call for the IVIg (intravenous immunoglobulin) treatments at the hospital. This is my view for the week. It is a treatment that has been successful in improving Small Fiber Neuropathy which for me includes numbness, tingling, burning, and rapid heart rate. At night even the softest pjs feel picky and painful against my skin and I often have restless legs and feel as though bugs are biting me. I’m optimistic.


I’m here for 6hrs a day, Monday to Friday and by the time I get home the day is nearly done. You wouldn’t think laying around all day would tire one out so much. They give Tylenol and benedryl as part of the protocol too though and it knocks me out.
I will be doing this one week out of every month for a few months and then maybe less depending on how it goes.

While my supper is warming (I’ve lots of leftovers from the weekend) I’ve been trying a few samples of monoprinting using a decolorant paste with some dried flora gathered last fall. I want to do try a few more small pieces. The one on the right came out pretty well; the others not so much.








 

I added green paint to the decolorant on the blue and green fabric and it didn’t work as well. I don’t have anything specific in mind to do with these. They’re small pieces for experimentation, something to occupy my mind and creative need this week when there’s not much energy or time. They will be added to my print box, perhaps with a few more tonight, to be used in future projects.

No comments: