Wednesday, September 27, 2017

PEI, kayaking, swimming, sketching and stitching

Since my last post, I’ve been to PEI to visit my family, my daughter, my grandson and my mom. We went to the Island Preserve Company for lunch and a short stroll afterwards.



There are lovely gardens and paths along the river and beautiful views from inside the restaurant. The food is great too. I recommend it. Sorry, I didn’t think to get pictures of the inside.
Call me a biased mom but I think these two are pretty cute!



I was back home by the weekend when I enjoyed the weird fall heat wave by getting out in my kayak.



And even went for a swim in the Bay! Anazing on September 23rd.



After a trail walk Sunday, I did a watercolour sketch of a few found items.



This week, I’ve caught up with some much needed housework and  tended the veggie garden. The beans, Swiss chard, lettuce and carrots are still growing in the raised bed. We’ll cover them. Tonight, I picked a bunch of tomatoes, peppers and yellow zucchini.
Finally, today, I spent most of the day in the sewing studio stitching on the waterfall. There’s still lots of work left.



Around 3:00 I stopped to get ready to go to the pool for my swim. I wish I had energy left at night to do more stitching. My head really wants to but the body won’t cooperate.
I’ve got some paperwork for a submission to get done in the morning and a dentist’s appointment later in the day. In between I will be stitching.

1 comment:

MulticoloredPieces said...

Well, I'm not sure about the kayaking (although it looks really fun), but, I'm in for the sketching and stitching. enjoyed visiting your blog. Things look a lot cooler on your side of the planet!
Best from Tunisia, nadia