Thursday, February 11, 2016

Untitled

I don't grow tired of winter days when the skies are deep blue, almost cloudless, the breeze is light and the temperature mild, near 1C.

You know me and the line of cloths. I'll bet these are nearly dry today.

I've still got the snowflake lights across the deck. They come on at dusk and each night it gets later. It's around 5:30 or so now.

I'm feeling encouraged that I managed a 25 minute walk after lunch. I went a little further and at a moderate pace. Every day I do some yoga and the knee exercises. Finally, the pain is getting better. Yippee!

I've been doing my usual few house chores and then I had studio time. I tackled the oven racks using a method from Pinterest. Soak them in the tub overnight cushioned on towels to protect the tub, with hot water 1/2 cup detergent, and 6 bounce sheets.

It did seem to soften up the grime for easier scrubbing, but still a bit of work. I will tackle the oven another day. Small steps.

Almost all the strips are sewn for the baby quilt. One seam left.


I'll add the blue all the way around and it'll be ready for the machine quilter. Speaking of which, she dropped off the pinwheel quilt yesterday and what a sweet quilting design.

The thread is light too so it's a little hard to discern. Meandering leaves.

The backing fabric is perfect.

 

Of course, I had to see what I could do with the running paint on the shanties from yesterday's post. First, I used Setacolor fabric paint in opaque white to cover some areas.

Then, I added color and details with Inktense pencils. Instead of water, I painted over it with textile medium.

Here it is to compare.

In my photo, the ice in the foreground is pretty colourful. Still it seems a bit intense. I may try to dilute it or there's always white fabric paint or thread. There are no errors, simply problems to solve. It's what keeps my mind busy and engaged.

 

3 comments:

Mereknits said...

I love that line, there are no errors just problems to solve. Hugs to you Holly.
Meredith

Maker Joy said...

I love line drying clothes too. Sadly we can't there, but as soon as I can again...

Anonymous said...

Small steps are good, at least they keep us moving forward. I'm glad you're doing better. I'll have to try your tip for the oven racks....someday...lol. Love the way your work is coming along.