Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Little gifts

It's another beautiful sunny winter day here.

Just looking out my southerly windows cheer me up. This is my kitchen window.

And the view from my kitchen window. A small yard but still nice. The bird feeders and bath are fun. Yesterday there was a flock of goldfinches.


 

I've been busy as a little elf this morning putting the finishing touches on another pear pin cushion.

Adding the zig zag edge to a donation piece I'm calling Leaves In Ice,

And stitching up a quick little microwave hot bag that will be filled with rice.

 

I have yet to figure out how to add a link on this blog platform but the pattern came from a site called thirtyhandmadedays.com. It's called Handmade a Owl Heatpack.

Shortly, I'm heading out for a much needed haircut and then I'm going to a guild sewing day where we do donation quilts for Victoria Quilts, an organization that sends quilts to cancer patients upon requests.

 

4 comments:

PaintedThread said...

Love the pear pin cushion. The owl is dopey-cute - what a fun heat pad!

Mystic Quilter said...

I always love to see these pear pin cushions, a lot of bloggers seem to be using them I must get around to making one! Now Leaves on Ice couldn't have a better name so very wintery and Mr Owl, to keep you warm!

Mereknits said...

Those little makes are so lovely. Hope you had a great meeting.
Meredith

Anonymous said...

You can't go wrong with owls and pears. Your donation piece is stunning.