Monday, October 19, 2015

Retreat

I spent a very relaxing weekend at our local guild retreat-- two nights, Friday and Saturday. I arrived Friday morning and left Sunday around 2:00. Meals are home cooked and we all have our own little room. Amid a steady hum of machines there is always chatter and sporadic laughs and sometimes raucous laughter and craziness!

By Saturday supper I had finished putting together the top of my Halloween quilt.

I was so intent that I missed getting a picture of my friend, Glenda's. Hers had black sashing which I loved.

This Christmas one by Gail caught my eye with all the different Christmas prints that I believe she received in a mail exchange. Isn't it pretty?

Another pretty one was this sunny yellow one by my freind, Donna. I missed getting a final photo. I think she got it finished.

Then, there was this colourful Halloween block of the month quilt, by Anne; already finished but the binding was added.

There were many more beautiful projects that I missed photographing, I was enjoying myself so much!

Last night, for the first time in months, I slept through until this morning. I enjoyed my porridge along with a sketch.

It snowed a bit yesterday, and was cold today, so I donned a new pair of socks, gifted to me from my friend Sue for my birthday. They are so soft and warm and the colours make me smile.


This afternoon, I took advantage of having a second vehicle and went to a drop in sock knitting at the local yarn shop, The Spinning Wheel. Just like with quilters, the chat and sock knitting enthusiasm was so contagious. I will try to go regularly, I think. It's good for the soul.

 

3 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

What a great collection of quilts at your get-together, I do like your Halloween quilt, very different from others I have seen.

Mereknits said...

Those quilts are so wonderland, each one is so unique and perfect.
Love those socks, what a great gift from your friend.
Hugs,
Meredith

Peggy said...

Love your Halloween quilt -- sounds like a great weekend getaway. And your own room on top of it all!