Monday, October 12, 2015

Our Thanksgiving weekend

Here in Canada it is fall and it is our Thanksgiving weekend. Hubby and I have spent a quiet weekend and I think it's been relaxing for Gord who still works and can use the break. For our Thanksgiving dinner, we had a roasted chicken and I kept dessert simple-- baked half pears with a few blueberries and a drizzle of maple syrup. I made these pumpkin oatmeal cookies earlier in the day.


The temperature rose considerably today and we decided after lunch to make the short drive to a part of the trail in east that I don't often get to. It took me 10 minutes to get to a spot I remembered. I wanted to see if I could make it on my own with poles and I can.

I carried a small sling pack with sketchbook and pencils along with the new I Pad to try its camera.

It took some beautiful shots.

I sat for a bit and sketched while hubby strolled and took pictures with the camera. I'm curious to see how they'll compare to the I pad.

I've been stitching here and there. I finished some thread lace to make fir trees and I've got some stitched down to the birch piece.

I've also started a new pair of socks. The pattern is called Ugly Duckling and can be found on Ravelry. Quite a different design but very easy to do.

The sun came out a short while ago and it's even nicer out. Gord has gone to play a few holes. I think I'll go make a cup of tea and take it to the deck. The deck days may be running out.

 

3 comments:

Jo Ferguson said...

What a lovely day. The fir trees are perfect and I don't care what you say, those socks don't look easy....lol.

Suzanne Ramsay said...

We live on the north west coast and we had rain today. Enjoying your warmer weather while you can is a smart idea. You have had some very cold and rough weather this year. Happy thanksgiving

Mereknits said...

Your walk looks wonderful Holly and there is nothing ugly about those socks. Can't wait to see what they look like finished.
Meredith