Thursday, May 7, 2015

Stitching the waves and spray

I haven't been here much lately. My head has been totally into it- -I'm even planning my next piece-- but my body was not cooperating. For several days this week, I fell asleep after my lunch-- my sewing time. I was wondering just what was going on but a call to my pharmacist solved it. I've been weaning off a medication that I had to take in increasing amounts last year when I developed a weird neuropathy (we've never gotten to the bottom of that either). When I described my symptoms, he told me it was definitely withdrawal. I can only decrease by a small amount per week as recommended, so I have to be patient.

Today, I avoided the nap at least and managed some stitching. I've got most of the background done except for a bit in the water at the bottom.


I wasn't sure about the spray, but I think it works now that I see it on the screen.

Also, I preferred the first bit of plain white thread lace that I made; I need to make more to finish across the top of the wave and around the surfer.






There's a bit of a problem with some puckering in the sky which I'll give some thought to. It occurred to me that I could carefully snip it away from the trees and carefully restitch it, tucking it under when I add the batting. I have to practice what I preach. I always tell people there are no mistakes, just 'happy accidents'. Creative solutions can be found eventually. Some take longer.


We are leaving tomorrow for PEI where my daughter is graduating from the Bachelor of Education program on Saturday. she is 30 and has waited a while to achieve this goal, having taught in Korea for almost 4 years. We're pretty happy. It also happens that much of my family live on th4e island and so it will be a nice reunion. It's only about a four hour drive but we don't usually go in the winter.

I'm wishing you all a nice weekend.  I''ll be back home and back here by early next week.

2 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

The Wave is looking good! Hope you can cut down on after lunch naps soon, these medications can be a pain can't they?
Enjoy your visit to PEI and graduation of your doughtier.

Mereknits said...

Congrats to your daughter Holly, a wonderful goal has been achieved.
Hugs to you and hope you get your energy back.
Meredith