Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Painting fish shacks version 2

I was a little headachy upon arising this morning and happily had no commitments for the day. My daughter who's in Korea skyped with me for a while. Then I mixed up some Red River cereal bread and went outside to do a bit of shovelling while it was rising. I went for a short walk too even though it was pretty cold.
At lunch, I finally took a Tylenol and since I didn't feel like getting into stitching my first fish huts that I wrote about yesterday, I sat down with my Inktense pencils and painted a background for Fish Shacks version 2.

I'm waiting for it to dry before I fish the last couple of bits.
Also, I'm linking to The Needle and Thread Network.

13 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

Looking good:) I used to go ice fishing with my dad....I wouldn't to do it now....too cold.

marsha said...

very nice- it reminds me of the ice fishing shacks that pop up every winter on the Red River at Lockport Manitoba(just north of where I live)

Dolores said...

I guess ice fishing is pretty darn common in Canada.

Margaret said...

Very pretty! I hope your headache clears up soon.

Wendy said...

Love this sketch...it has a veiled, frosty look about it.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Wow!!! You amaze me

Regina B Dunn said...

Very beautiful sketch. Simple, but so complete. Really captures the moment.

LynneP said...

Hope your headache is gone now! What is Red River cereal bread?

Susan J Barker said...

makes me shiver! So glad I don't have to sit on the ice ever again! Tho when I did I think I enjoyed it!

Regina said...

Lovely little painting, hope your head feels better!

Vimax Asli said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

oh that is going to be so pretty!! reminds me of an Alan Sapp painting : ) looking forward to seeing it stitched out.
: )
~Monika
ps - thanks for linking up

obat vimax said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.