Saturday, May 25, 2013

Piecing a Gelli print

I spent my afternoon at the shop today. It was cold and rainy, so a good place to be other than the studio. I even sold a small art quilt today, my second in a couple of weeks. What a nice feeling!
After a rest, tonight, I felt like doing a little something. Rather than putting more rows on my quilt, I started adding some border fabrics to one of the Gelli prints.

It's getting dark, so not the best picture. This is one of the prints that I've been moving around on the design wall and it just wasn't clicking for me. Tonight, I grabbed it and started pulling out fabrics to add to it.
I think I like where it's going so far. It will need more paint, stamping and stitching. I bought a bunch of sheers when I was away that I'm itching to try too. We shall see.

1 comment:

Jo Vandermey said...

I like this piece... look forward to seeing it's progress.