Friday, November 2, 2012

The schizophrenic quilter

I've been thinking that a more apt name for my blog might be the schizophrenic quilter! I named my blog Through My Window because of how I'm affected by my outdoor environment and how that translates into my work.
Lately, you might think that I'm all over the place with my projects! For one I like to switch back and forth between traditional and art quilting. When I go to guild UFO day or retreats, I often work on quilts.
Due to my eye problem, I've switched gears again.

I was quite intrigued with the little 'tree' shown last post that I made in a free pieced style while at retreat. Since my eye issue is making it difficult to finish the thread painting on the birch tree piece, I switched to playing a little more with the free form trees.
I do not have anything like an engineer's mind so I work out any problems as I go. Which means, of course, that some things don't work out as I'd hoped and I start again.
I did document the whole process with my camera. Next time I put my actual computer on, I'll post some more pictures of how I did it.
Tomorrow I'm off to a UFO day where I'll work on a current quilt that I keep packed and ready to go.
I'm so looking forward to our time change and the extra hour of sleep tomorrow night.
Have a great quilty weekend, whether it's sewing on one, or curling up underneath one!

3 comments:

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

Am loving that tree!

Debbie said...

I am liking the way this is going. I will be quite interested to see how you progressed and how it ends. Multiple styles keeps me from getting bored....it doesn't make you strange, just more fun to watch!

elle said...

A common ailment I'm afraid. I want to see how you do this as I have no engineering mind either so it is very much trial and error for me as well.