Sunday, August 26, 2012

Some ripping and some knitting

I know I haven't blogged for a few days, but I've really had nothing blog worthy to write about. I'm well stocked at the craft shop and I'm in a bit of a creative lull, looking for my next project. I'm kind of feeling that I need some new creative inspiration so I signed up for a course with Dion Dior at Joggles on using the new Silk acrylic paints. Lesson one is up but I'm waiting for the paints.

http://www.diondior.com/

This is the first quilt of my son's girlfriend's mom. She tried to machine quilt it herself but ran into trouble. I offered to quilt it for her but first I had to spend some time snipping yesterday. Straight line quilting was highlighting the few little misaligned seams and she understandably had a couple of tucks. It happens to the best of us!
So now I'm ready to iron and baste it for quilting. I plan to do a simple meander.

This is the little top down baby sweater I've been knitting from some yarn that was given to me. It is very soft and seems to be cotton.

3 comments:

Margaret Applin said...

That's so sweet of you to help her quilt!! And what an adorable sweater!!!! The yarn looks fabulous!!!

imquilternity said...

What a beautiful little sweater. I love the yarn and the pattern.

elle said...

First quilts are memorable. The sweater is sweet!