Sunday, August 5, 2012

same old story, hot and muggy

I'm sure you've noticed a certain lack of blog posts and a definite lack of sewing. It is still desperately hot and humid. My husband has been on vacation for the past two weeks as well. At least we've been able to escape the heat at the beach when we needed to.
On Friday night it was so hot and uncomfortable, we brought our supper to the basement and watched a movie. It was called Fly Fishing in Yemen, a British movie which I highly recommend if you'd like something light with a bit of British humor and some lovely photography. Perfect for summer viewing.

This is what I've been doing as much as possible to escape the heat.
Gord returns to work on Wednesday, but I may not have much to blog about until this heat breaks.

3 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

So very nice isn't it?? We spent today at the beach; had a beautiful relaxing day in the water...funeral is tomorrow; so, it was great to just sit back for today....

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Hi Holly.thanks for your thoughts. It was a hard week; having to call Merrill while working out of town to tell him about his brother. But it takes it's course.

The commenting problems I think are just blogger related.
It happens to me with some blogs too.

imquilternity said...

I really don't want to admit it, but I am so, so envious! You look like you're having such fun.