Monday, January 23, 2012

slower day

After all my creativity last week, I'm into a bit of a slow down this week. This is normal for me and I've learned not to fight it, to go with the flow. Yesterday, I took it easy and didn't touch my sewing at all. I did make bread though, trying out an artisan bread that I found on line. It was very easy--no kneading. The only thing I did was add about 2 cups of rye flour and 1 cup of whole wheat to replace the white. I didn't take a picture of the finished loaf (too late now) but there is more in the fridge, so I'll try next time.
Tomorrow,I am having some quilting friends over depending on the weather. It's calling for freezing rain.
I did a little cleaning this morning to get the place presentable. After lunch I sewed the binding on the chickadee; I'll save the hand sewing for tomorrow.

I made a few more crazy patch blocks for the birch piece. I think I'm going to have to finish them to decide if it works or not. They're meant to represent the dappled colors of the forest. As for the blue printed bits, I'm not sure about them either. If I do use them I will do some free motion black stitching on them to bring out the birch trees.
Now, I'm going to have a cup of tea.

No comments: