Tuesday, October 11, 2011

tree rubbings

My sewing machine was calling to me today, but the sun was shining so brightly I knew I should take advantage and get outside. I grabbed my camera, a couple of paint sticks, and some fabric. This was not a cardio walk! I stopped every few moments to take pictures and I even did a couple of tree bark rubbings.
Here is one section near the beginning of the trail. This is about 5 minutes from my house.
I have no real plans to do this right away but I envision some sort of a hanging with various textures of trees, perhaps with needle painted moss or leaves appliqued on top. This rubbing is of a birch tree. I used a silver Shiva Paint stick, so it must cure overnight and then be ironed. I haven't tried it before; I'm hoping that I can add a transparent paint over it in a different color before doing some thread painted details.
 The tree is first and then the rubbing is the last picture. Sorry it was folded up in my pocket, hence the creases, and it cannot be ironed until it cures.




No comments: