Saturday, October 15, 2011

pumpkin and fall fascinators

I'm writing this quick post to let you know about the painted pumpkin in the rain. I ended up moving it into the house and will put it out on sunny days. It wasn't the gesso that came off, although it will scrape off if you rub it, it was the supposed permanent Sharpie pen that started to run in the rain.
Today, I went to my guilds UFO day. My friend, Anne, who has more energy than she knows what to do with, brought supplies to make Hallowe'en and fall inspired 'fascinators'. and as if that wasn't enough, she put together a chocolate trifle that was to die for.

We were all so excited about the craft project that I only took pictures of the hats and the dessert!
Here's mine up close. There is a hair clip with a piece of felt hot glued to it and everything else is glued to that. It all came from the dollar store. Some peaople glued theirs to a hair band. Mine is just a clip.
I may not post again until later in the week as I will be getting ready for my 2 day retreat tomorrow and will be gone Monday and Tuesday.

1 comment:

imquilternity said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun! I love getting together with my quilting friends...we always have a great time no matter what we end up doing.