Tuesday, April 19, 2011

no sewing machine

I haven't touched my sewing machine in a week or so. I'm concentrating on my little projects as they will be gifts. I've had an appointment with the assistant at our local MP's office who will help me with my disability appeal; that is a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I went yesterday and we sent the letter stating my wish to appeal and requesting  a copy of my file. Now I must wait again until I receive it. Then we will go over what additional information I need to gather.
I finished up a pair of the yoga socks for my husband just in time for his class to-night. They look a little odd because I used up scraps from knitted socks to make them.

We are traveling to Charlottetown , PEI this Good Friday to visit my family for Easter. My children are not coming here this year so I we're going visit my mother, sister and brothers. I put together this little garland for my sister to perhaps use as part of a table decoration for our dinner.

The last item I finished up is also coming with me, as it will be a gift for my mom for Mother's Day. My mother-in-law and I have used these felted wool sewing kits for years and love them. I've finally gotten around to making one for my own mother. I used the same little crocheted flowers from the Easter garland as a decoration on the front flap. The directions came form the blog  Attic 24. They are so fun do!

1 comment:

Lana C. said...

I wish you luck on your appeal!! Also, the gifts are so nice! The kids growing up brings such weird changes doesn't it??

Lana C.