Sunday, April 10, 2011

a little of this and that

I was exhausted yesterday after the tattoo on Friday. I spent most of the day stretched out in the sofa reading a book.
I did take a few minutes in the afternoon to make these 3 little chicks. I got the idea from another blog which I cannot find or remember, so if anyone happens upon them let me know. I'd like to give credit where it is due and give the the link. I'm not even sure exactly how close I am to them because I saw them and then thought about them later. I didn't copy or take pictures but I'm sure I remembered pretty closely. They are double sided and I'm not sure what I'll do with them yet. I may just make hangers or make a few more and chain crochet them together. Perhaps they'll be added to an Easter centerpiece.
 One day this week when I used onions for something that I was cooking, I threw the skins into a pot with a couple of eggs. I've been experimenting without much success with pens to doodle on them. I tried a gel pen but it was so pale, I had to go over it with black. My only permanent black is too fine, so it didn't turn out very good. I think I'll pick up a thicker Sharpie to go over the lines. Perhaps I'll try some other colors too, like purple from  beets.

I awoke this morning to sunshine and a little more energy. Gord and I went for a  trail walk where we took  some time to feed a few chickadees. I have missed the feeling of peace that comes over me when I'm in the forest. Can you believe how much snow we still have?

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It's hard to believe you have that much snow. We have 82 degrees today after a chilly 47 on Friday. the weather is a constant surprise.

Kristin Dudish said...

Your 3 little chicks are absolutely adorable (the real life inspiration is pretty cute too)!

xo
Kristin