Monday, March 14, 2011

spring was in the air today

It was a lovely spring like day today, about -8C and sunny. I didn't walk though; I went skating for 1/2 hour. I used to be a twice a week speed skater but I haven't been out in the last couple of years. I've been wanting to try the senior's skating all winter and just didn't feel strong enough. I've been out 3 times in the last couple of weeks on my old figure skates. I don't know why my legs shake so badly. I took it slowly for about a half hour. There are still a few weeks left so I'll get a little practice in before it ends.
This afternoon I finished another little pear pin cushion. They are so bright and cheerful that they're addictive!

Originally when I started these prints, I thought I would quickly do a minimum of stitching to make pillows. Then, yesterday, I decided that more machine quilting was needed. Once I got that done, today, I felt they needed hand embellishing which is what I really enjoy. I finished the first one; it is ready to be sewn into a pillow.
While I had the machine set for free motion, I stitched down the leaves to this project. It's ready now to add the batting and get started on the quilting.

No comments: