Saturday, March 19, 2011

perfect day

I got up this morning with no particular intentions other than a run to the market. I did that but still could not get the sushi that I wanted as the Korean lady was not there. I think I'm going to have to learn to make it myself.
When I read an email from a friend that she had returned from a Florida trip and she was going to our UFO day I packed a little something to work on and went to the seniors room at the local arena. It was a warm sunny spring like day and the room has two sides of large windows--very uplifting. The chatter of friends and whir of the sewing machines just added to it. I did a few small things like cut borders for this gel print which I want to make into another pillow. I can't wait to get to the quilting and embellishing. I'm planning some large, kind of mod flowers for it, if it goes as planned.

I drew out a design for a new little project and stopped at Staples on the way home to enlarge it. I'll perhaps show it in the next couple of days.
I left before 2pm because I haven't been out to walk in a few days and had told my husband I'd be home in time to go before supper. We had a nice walk; it sure felt like spring.
Lately, I've been seeing these commercials on TV for the fish sandwich which I used to love to order instead of a burger at the fast food joint. I wouldn't order it now due to the fat content, but we decided to make a healthy version for supper to-night and it totally satisfied me. We did haddock dipped in a corn flake crust, baked at 425F for about 7 minutes. Before that we did oven fries. I added a home made yogurt based tartar sauce, and then a slice of cheddar cheese onto a fresh whole wheat bun. Wow, it was delicious!
I was so tired, I fell asleep after supper and I'm pretty useless now. I'm just going to have a soak.
Last but not least, I received this in the mail yesterday. I couldn't believe it when I saw the email; I actually won a giveaway here on this blog. It was my first win and oh, so exciting.

1 comment:

Sweatygeneralist said...

It's called Kimbap! Not sushi!