Sunday, January 3, 2010

Storm day


There's something I love about a stormy day. The house feels so cozy, and of course I can't go anywhere, so I have to spend the day playing inside! I often get the urge to make bread which I did as you can see below. It's an old recipe for porridge molasses bread that I changed just slightly by adding some mixed grains along with the oatmeal as well some whole wheat bread. We'll be having some for supper with molasses on it to go with stuffed sweet potatoes.
For some time now I've been wanting to make a quilted cover for my sewing machine; I woke up thinking about it at about 5 am this morning. I made tea, grabbed my pen and notebook (kept on my night table) and sketched out my idea. What you see here will be the front. It's just a start. I've written down the measurements, though, so I could do up a pattern.
Last night while lsitening to the music on my I Pod, I started hand stitching the snowflakes to my little scene. I still have a few more to add before i sandwich it to quilt.

No comments: