Friday, October 16, 2009

Christmas doorway

This is what I have been doing with a couple of my stamped prints. My idea is to make then Christmasy with pine boughs and lights. I really like the black gestural outlining, but I am undecided yet on the addition of greenery with the needle lace. Since I'm not sure, I think I will let it rest for a bit so I can think on it.Here is a second one that I didn't start to outline yet.
Here is some of the needlelace I want to add as greenery. There is a little tree for the urn. The little wreaths are only a couple of centimeters in size. I should have laid them next to a ruler so you would get a better idea of the size.The larger wreath is about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch in diameter.
Also, I am trying out contacts for the first time; well really it's the third try today to where them, and I have to go this afternoon to see the optometrist. I keep having a problem putting in the left one. I finally got it in, but I think it's inside out and now I cannot get it out. Of course I now have one blurry eye. I'm just giving it a rest and writing this with one eye shut before I go try again.

No comments: