Saturday, August 29, 2009

Putting the tent trailer away



We just arrived home from our last camping trip of the year, as I head back to work Sept 8th. We had a great time at Mount Carlton where, as you can see in the pictures, we climbed to the top. It is 825 meters above sea level which is the highest point in the Maritimes according to a little write up about it in the hut at at the top. We didn't stay long as it was very windy and cold at the top. Also, we started the hike at 3:15 and finished at 7:30, so we didn't want to be caught in the dark.
The next pictures is a picture of Williams Fall's. I took that near the end of a 25km bike trek around Nictau Lake. We stopped there for a little break, and I stayed long enough to do a small watercolor sketch. I have not yet put the finishing touches on it.
I'm going now to take some time to soak and soothe some sore muscles.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

We used to camp quite often at Carleton Park and spent many hours canoeing those lakes. Also climbed Mt. Sagamook. I am told it is not quite as high as Carleton but more challenging. I know I certainly found it a challenge, especially after a rain...footing was a bit tricky. Great view from up there. I love your little sketch of the falls..I wish I could just whip up little sketches like you do.