Monday, June 19, 2017

Stitching, gardening, sketching

Watching my gardens grow is so satisfying now that the weather is warming. Its such a nice day, although somewhat muggy, which really bothers me.
I'm very lucky to have AC so I can venture outside for a bit until heat threatens to overcome me and then I come back inside and head to my studio. It's win, win.  I managed to pot up another batch of lettuce seeds (the bright green container on the left). I also added some lettuce along with more carrots to my raised bed. I'll be using some of the lettice you see above for a salad to go with the potato salad and marinated chicken breast to be done on the barbecue for supper. Luckily, hubby will do that part.
I wandered around the yard and snipped a few flowers for my table something I love being able to do all summer.
The sketch was done using chalk pastels, water and a bit of mixed media. Done at my kitchen counter while getting the eggs boiled for the salad,
I finished quilting the cosmos piece this morning and it's ready for the binding if i could just decide which fabric. Im leaning towards the lower left.
I still have to make dragonfly bodies to go with the wings but they are the last  thing to be done anyway.  All the while I've been tracing out cows from my photos, enlarging them and printing them.
It's not a subject that I've tried before.  Lots of ideas are floating around in my brain along with some techniques that I'd like to try. What happens to me is I can become sort of stalled with indecision, sometimes unable to move forward. I know what I need to do is to keep moving. That means choose my subject and go with it. For the cows I will have to wait until I can get to my local copier as I want them larger than I could easily achieve at home.  

2 comments:

PaintedThread said...

Ooh, love your artwork, both on paper and on fabric.

Anonymous said...

So many beautiful things, from your garden to your art.