Thursday, March 16, 2017

Trunk show piece

I awakened this morning with a bit of dread that my day might go like yesterday. It wasn't a bad day; I just couldn't seem to relax. So, I resolved to slow down, take deep breaths and actually pause to let my body relax. I needed to get my 'self' back. I questioned what was important and what I needed to get done.
I used a page in my journal where I had cleaned a brayer to journal. I cleaned up my blog some-- I will need to do more there--and I write out my artist's statement for the piece I will contribute to the SAQA Atlantic trunk show. I even got the binding Finished. It will be ready to mail tomorrow.
I do feel better. I got some important things done that I'd put off. I put away a few things that distracted me in the studio. I had a hair appointment. That felt good!  After finding that no one had broken the snow shoe trails yet, I decided to avoid them and take a walk in the sub division. Feeling more relaxed. How about you? What have you been doing?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a gorgeous piece, Holly.

Sandi said...

Your piece is lovely Holly, I'm sure it will be well received. Quiet contemplation is sometimes the best medicine.