Thursday, March 23, 2017

Free motioning a Gelli print, more stamp designs

 
It's been a while since I posted two days in a row. I finally got a day at home--mostly--an early test at hospital and then I was free! Today is not a snow shoeing or a walking day. It's sunny after our snow last night but cold and very windy. An inside day. As soon as I got home I made blender orange raisin muffins. Thanks for the recipe, Wendy.
While they were in the oven I started onion, celery, garlic, and cardomum for a Thai lentil coconut soup.  
Added veggie broth, pink lentils, and carrots. A little salt and a masala chai spice.
Simmered until tender and blended with the immersion blender.
Supper having been taken care of, I still had time before my lunch to try making a couple coordinating foam stamps from the print I did yesterday.
After lunch, I moved into the sewing studio. Finally some stitching! With the batting and a muslin backing added to my layered Gelli print, I started the  free motion quilting.
It's a little hard to see where I quilted. Here is the back view.
I'm really anxious to get the quilting finished so I can get to the next step. I have this idea which I I quickly collaged and sketched in my sketchbook.
And which I really hope will work on the Gelli printed and stitched background. The fabric shapes will be Thread sketched on top with the heavy weight black thread.
I just stopped for my afternoon snack, tomato juice, celery and cream cheese, but printed off a few more designs before turning off the computer.
I enlarged a couple so I can do smaller stamps of motifs found in the larger design.
This next one reminds me a bit of a wrought iron fence.
I have been very creative today. I feel good!  Are you getting some creative time today?
 
 

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Some lovely inspiration. Love the colours and thread painting from your sketchbook page!

Anonymous said...

The intricacy of your stitching always amazes me. I think I can smell the food from here.....yummmm.