Monday, February 22, 2016

A little stitching before a trip

My machine has been put to bed while I'm away for the week.

This morning, I've been cleaning and packing. The mom of my son's fiancé and I are going to babysit our grand puppies while they're in Cuba. Nether one of us is very mobile so they will actually go to a dog sitter during the day. They are big dogs and need their exercise. My son has left two pages of typed notes with instructions and numbers!

I've been so anxious to get back to the shanties. I squeezed in about 20 minutes before lunch. This afternoon I've got my sock knitting group and a couple of errands.

Even that little snippet of time to stitch was satisfying. I have a better idea of where it's going.

We're bringing some knitting for movie watching and snuggling with the dogs. I'm also bringing some fabric to cut for another baby quilt.

Also, I've been playing with some doodles on the Sketchclub App, thinking of making some simple stamps with kids craft foam. I'll let you know how that goes.


Happy Monday!

 

4 comments:

Linda H said...

Have fun!! Your machine will miss you! :)

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

So talented! You do wonderful work on the shanties, Holly. Have fun with the puppies! Marla and I are leaving for s cruise on Monday...my first cruise....excited.

Mereknits said...

Have fun with your grandpuppies.
Hugs,
Meredith

Anonymous said...

The shanties are fabulous. Enjoy your week with your grandpuppies.