Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Sketching

I felt a little bereft this afternoon without my Birches and Rose Hips fiber art piece to work on. I have passed it on to the buyer, a friend, who is going to check out the framing options. It will be coming back to me for the final finish.
It's a rather mild day, although windy and I just couldn't work up the energy to go out and clear off the bit of snow on the driveway. I did at least do the front steps.
After lunch with my tea, I read for a bit but my mind kept straying to my most recent photos. I moved to my computer in my studio and did a preliminary sketch of the hillside that fascinated me.
There are lots of nooks and crannies in the rocks to loose one's way in. I would likely simplify if I were to do it fiber.
I'm linking to the Needle and Thread Network.

5 comments:

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

It is a lovely sketch and would be fabulous in fiber. Thank you for being a part of this blog hop. So nice to meet other Canadian quilters.

Margaret said...

I envy you your ability to draw what you see and then translate it to fabric. Really lovely!

Mereknits said...

That drawing is lovely. I bet you feel a bit like your best friend is missing now that you are done with that gorgeous piece.
Hugs,
Meredith

What Comes Next? said...

this will be another beautiful piece!

sherry said...

you will find another love don't despair