Monday, November 17, 2014

Last details-Birches with Rose Hips, Photos as in Inspiration

This afternoon, I was very happy to put the finishing quilting stitches onto the Birches with Rose Hips. I am going to pass it on to the client who is looking into framing options. Usually, I finish my pieces as quilted wall hangings with a binding. This piece is going on a wall over a sofa and since it is approximately 12" by 14", I think a mat and a frame would give it more presence.

I'm thinking that sections of it would make pretty cards- with permission of course.





Caught this little lady hanging on the suet cage on my deck at lunch time. It's a downy woodpecker.



Now the question is what shall I do next? Well, I have a couple of Christmas things in the works, some ideas floating around in my head, and some inspirational photos that I took the other day. These scenes are about 5 minutes from my house by car.

 like the hillside sloping into the water in the next one.



Love the pinkish hue in the background sky.


I have sent a few to be developed in 5 by 7 and 8 by 10 sizes. I like to have them for reference when I am stitching.
I hope you too are having a nice Monday.


12 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

The card idea is good and the section you have pulled out would be lovely.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love the angles and lines in that last photo.

Vicki W said...

I love your birches piece. It will be beautiful framed.

Lorna McMahon said...

Hello Holly! Dropping in from Blogathon Canada. Your work is incredible! I have always been fond of the birch trees. And those rose hips add just the right amount of colour. Your stitching is amazing! Nice to meet you!

Westend Quilter said...

I think you're right - the birches with rose hips would make great cards!
The art quilt cards for the CQA/ACC touring show look terrific, so I think more of us should make cards from our quilts!

andrea @ tideline quilts said...

It is utterly stunning! What a fabulous design and technique. I'm blown away...so, so beautiful.

Linda H said...

Good Morning Holly! Thanks for taking part in the Blogathon today, I hope you get lots of visitors. Your work is lovely- this latest piece is beautiful. Lucky recipient!!
Your bird photos are awesome- your feeder must be very close, or you have a high quality long lens...

Kate said...

Love your birches and rose hips - it's beautiful!! BTW I'm visiting from SK. ^^

Preeti said...

A fantastic finish! Love all the details

Sheila said...

Your birches are lovely Holly and would make beautiful cards .

Mereknits said...

Absolutely stunning my friend!
Hugs,
Meredith

Linda H said...

I was so pleased to see this piece on Saturday when Donna visited. It is GORGEOUS!! She is one lucky gal to have it, and to have you as such a talented friend!