Thursday, December 19, 2013

Little gifts

I always have a few small gifts on the go right before Christmas and often I'm not even sure who they will go to. There's sure to be someone I'll think of at the last minute.
I finished two of the tea towels.

I'm not in a panic at this point, keeping it all relaxed. The only thing I might be caught without are my family's favourite cookies. My daughter asked me to leave them for her as she is supposed to be flying in from Korea via Vancouver, then Toronto, then Fredericton on Saturday night.
Now there is big storm pending and we're not even sure if she'll. make it to Toronto. If flights get cancelled the backlog could take days to clear up. We would still have to make the 6 hour round trip to pick her up. I'm worried she won't make it for Christmas and she only had just over a week as it is. The joys of winter travel! We'll just have to be patient and wait to see how it all goes.
I've just finished sewing the ends in on this infinity scarf. I love wearing mine and continually get compliments on it.

It wraps twice around the neck and is very cozy. One thing I like is that you can unwrap it once but leave it on when your in a store and it's not going to fall off.
I hope you all have time for a comforting mug of your favourite brew and some quiet time.

2 comments:

Jeito Mineiro de Ser said...

As toalhas ficaram muito interessantes.
Com gratidão li seu desejo de um momento de serenidade... é tudo que quero neste momento. Obrigada!
Boa sorte para a viagem da sua filha!
Desejo a você e sua familia um feliz Natal e festas alegres.
Um abraço!
The towels were very interesting.
With gratitude I read your desire for a moment of serenity ... is all I want right now. Thank you!
Good luck for the ride of your daughter!
Wishing you and your family a merry Christmas and happy holidays.
Hugs!
Egléa

Watercolour and Textile Artist, Eileen Gidman said...

I do like that wandering free motion stitching at the bottom of the towel. It ties all the images together.