Friday, April 24, 2020

Some hope

We’re in a province that has had a low level of Covid cases and none for about a week, so there is talk about easing the closures. For me, until there is a good vaccine, I’ll be still having to do a lot of self isolating. Even so, I’m so hopeful today. The only thing I really care about is getting to see the grandkids. They may try to come visit in summer if travel between PEI and NB is allowed.



Good reasons to feel hopeful today. It’s beautiful and sunny here too, although still cold. I hung out the sheets and the breeze will dry  them. 
I’ve been walking every day with my husband. Unfortunately, my good hip has decided to start acting up, keeping me up at night and making it painful to walk.  It’s the norm for osteoarthritis and inflammatory arthritis I guess. I have a phone consult with my doctor Scheduled  for next week, so we’ll see if I can get on the list for a shot done at the hospital. They are starting to schedule some things again.

This morning, I added the final borders to a simple baby quilt which I think I’ll send out for quilting.



And, I started to put together a little zippered pouch that I’ve had all ready for assembly for some time.






My latest knitting project is a Nordic type knit for Ollie, my 3 year old grandson. I’ll have enough to make a smaller size 2 that Gus will grow into as well.



I also continue to make collage pages, often with my tea after meals. Sometimes I get very wrapped up in it and papers and paints are everywhere! It’s a very good creative outlet though. I ordered a couple Daler Rowney inks that I’m enjoying learning to use with my old calligraphy pen and I’m surprised how well it works.



For our lunch today, I made us a salad from leftovers in the fridge. Rice noodles, cucumber, pineapple, cranberries, sunflower seeds, broccoli, grated carrot, purple cabbage, sprouts, and shrimp with a lime dressing. It was yummy!



Hope is my feeling for this week! 

No comments: