Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Eve

 
 
We are having a quiet Christmas here, hubby and I. For the first time we will have no family visiting. Nature has gifted us with a nice snow cover so we're taking advantage getting out on the snow shoes. That is our plan for tomorrow. There is such a soft quiet beauty in this season. Except of course when storms come in.                                                    Rose hips and grasses at the beach near our in laws.
We were snow shoeing yesterday. I can go a longer and a little further each time.
It is my priority right now to get out as often as I can. 
Yesterday, I had some time to try out some mono printing that I've been planning for a while.
A thick sheet of glass, fabric printing ink, a brayer, and a drawing done on freezer paper and ironed to the back of white cotton. I've had the drawings ready for a while. Here are the results.
I want to tack them all up on the design wall to simmer for a while.
Then, just after lunch I headed to the sewing studio to add a little colour to a couple using Neocolor II crayons.
And the feathers.
I've added just those to the wall with a few batik pulled from the stash.
More to come, and it could change dozens of times. I like to have something up to muse upon, especially if my shoulder surgery comes in January as it's supposed to.   I'm wishing you all a Merry Christmas, happy holiday or any other form of celebration you may have with family or friends.    

4 comments:

Mereknits said...

Merry CHristmas Holly. BLessings,
Meredith

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Merry Christmas and I hope your scheduled surgery happens on time.

Mystic Quilter said...

A lovely snow scene Holly. Enjoy your peaceful time and hopefully an appointment for surgery early in the New Year.

Anonymous said...

I love your poinsettia and I can't wait to see where your new pieces venture after they "simmer" for a bit.