Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Rainy Tuesday

I was just thinking that it's been a while since we've had a mild and rainy day. It's amazing how the snow has melted. This is the messy part of spring--the smelly, wet and muddy part when everything is gray and dirty and nothing has come into bud yet. Sounds unappealing, but there is hope--the ice has retreated from the Bay and patches of grass are slowly revealing themselves. The migrating birds have returned and today I noticed a male goldfinch with yellow patches as it slowly turns from its grey winter color to its bright yellow Summer color.

I met for some hand stitching and lunch with my quilting friends and we were reminiscing about the desserts and puddings that we grew with. We were all acquainted with tapioca. I had the craving and had to come home and make some.

My mom used to serve it with syrup or fruit and sometimes she made a chocolate version. I opted for a tiny drizzle of maple syrup. It is the season after all.

I had about an hour to spend in the studio. As usual I've got a few projects in different stages.

I'm stitching up a sleeping fox cushion for my mom's birthday. When she was in her house, a fox used to curl up in front of their sliding doors on the deck.

I'm still in the mood for little projects so I grabbed this small sample piece of one of my screen prints and added some Neocolor II crayons for the background color.

When I'm looking to make another bag or mug rug, I'll add some painted or applique flowers.

I'm almost onto the outside borders on the sun prints piece. The blue all around, I think. I'm anxious to get to the stitching and quilting parts.

 

4 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

I love the idea of your sleeping fox cushion, you have the exact colour for the coat!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Your fox is just adorable, Holly. I love how you work with your screen pieces. Everything is so onteresting

Sandi said...

We also had a grey rainy day here on the west coast we a few sunny periods.

I've never seen a fox in B.C. and just checked, they appear to be everywhere from the U.S. To Arctic except coastal B.C.!

I'm sure your mom will love the pillow, you other piece is looking lovely.

Anonymous said...

Loving all your projects.