Monday, December 21, 2015

It's snowing!

Although much of the maritime regio will be getting rain today, we're getting snow, the tiny light flakes that slowly pile up. It is so pretty.

Both inside and out.

Luckily, most of my decorating was done before I went for my surgery last week. I have added a few little bits here and there.

Some I will pack away and some can stay out for a while.

I even made time at breakfast this morning for a tiny sketch of a rose hip.

Then, I did one errand, as I need to space them out so I don't get too sore. Besides, I'd rather be sewing!

I probably won't get these made into cushion covers in time for Chridtmas but I hope at least to finish the quilting.

Today, I quilted around the poinsettia petals and leaves which really made them puff up.

I wish you all a good week and a lovely Christmas/holiday spent with families.

Maybe you can let go of the odd thing that you felt had to be done in favour of a little quiet time.

And Happy winter solstice by the way.

 

4 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely to see all your decorations Holly and thanks for the photo of the snowy scene at your place.
Hope your knee improves quickly and you're able to enjoy Christmas!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I could let go of all of it somedays, Holly!!! Lol. Love sewing....we got some wet snow...things are white here too. Will see how wet later when I go out to clear walk ways. Take care and Merry Christmas!

Dolores said...

Wonderful decorations. No snow here in TO yet. High of 11 today - weird. I have given up stressing over the holidays. I can only do what I can do and if it doesn't get done, it's not the end of the world.

Mereknits said...

Sounds like you are doing well after your surgery Holly. Love your beautiful work.

Merry Christams,
MEredith