Saturday, August 8, 2015

A quiet Saturday

Went off to the small Beresford market with hubby this morning on our way to his parents. With my prolific garden, I didn't need anything but I did buy a bottle of Elderberry wine to try. I've heard it's good.

This afternoon, I went for a 20 minute walk with my cane around the park. Not so easy. I stretched a bit and then worked on putting together the last curtain panel for my sister's Cafe. This is the fabric.

My husband is off on an errand so I've put together a simple supper of nachos with a few pickled string beans on the side for myself.

These are the Vietnamese style pickled beans that I've written about. I don't like many pickles but these are light tasting, having only a simple brine of rice vinegar with a dash of salt, herbs, and maple syrup poured over top. The purple beans will turn green by the next day and the liquid takes on a pretty pink glow.

Besides the curtains, I've been working on cutting and laying out the pieces for another swoon block. A close relative may need a quilt. I think I could get a twin size out of 6 of these 24 inch blocks. This is number two. Sorry about the fuzzy I Pad pic. No time or energy for the camera today. The right side only shows my fabric choices. Now to finish cutting and sewing. I am a slow piecer at the best of times; with osteoporosis, I move at a crawl!

I hope your weekend is going well. I'd love to hear what you've been up to.

 

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your quilt block. Your work is amazing. I love simple suppers as well especially in these summer days. Hope you feel better.

Mereknits said...

That block is going to be beautiful Holly.
Hugs,
Meredith