Sunday, November 2, 2014

Free motion on a mug rug

I spent the morning in the kitchen grating zucchini, making muffins and apple crisp. We ventured out after lunch in the early stages of the first snowstorm of the year to visit with my in-laws.
By the time we got home, I was cold and damp, so I made a chai-cocoa tea and headed to my sewing studio.This is the view through my studio window. Notice the snow cover in the background?
 
 This was the view of the bird feeding station on our deck yesterday. I love the heated bath. It is frequented by lots of birds and keeps us busy watching throughout the winter.

 It was too late to get into my birch scene and since my machine was set up for free motion stitching, I decided to quickly stitch another mug rug put together from scraps.
I got half way across when I ran out of bobbin thread. I'll go back and wind a bobbin after writing this before I head out to get supper.
Tonight is our night for the Bowflex. We bought a second hand one a couple of months ago and hubby and I have been doing the workout together.

2 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Looks cold over your way! Love to see the birds at your feeders.

Mereknits said...

The fabric you have combined is perfect. Look at all that snow!!! Stay warm.
Hugs,
Meredith