Thursday, May 15, 2014

Starting a baby quilt

I'm still here picking away at a few little projects, and enjoying my garden, finally. I've been sitting on my deck and cleaning and mulching my few beds perennial beds.
Sometimes, I feel like having something mindless to work on and this is one of those times. I picked up a little fat quarter collection of soft grey and pink batiks. I'm using a pattern that I came across U tube called X's and O's to make a baby quilt.

It actually calls for a charm pack. The squares are 5" and the smaller ones stitched onto the opposing corners are 2 1/2". Super easy, which is what I like!
You can find the tutorial and lots of pictures easily but if you're stuck let me know and I'll send it to you.

5 comments:

Dolores said...

Lookin' good. Unusual colours for a baby quilt but I guess it's the modern way.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Very nice block Holly...love the color!

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

Cute block! It will make a great baby quilt. How’s your weather, Holly? My husband is taking his motorcycle up to Beresford for a few days..I think he is tired of watching me quilt, or trying to hear the hockey games over the machine..lol

Michele T said...

I just learned yesterday that my friend is expecting her first and I'm looking for a pattern to make a baby quilt!! The X's and O's looks interesting, I'd love the tutorial! Thanks!!!!

What Comes Next? said...

I think these are beautiful colours for a baby quilt - so soft and serene. It will be wonderful!