Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sketching with Paper 53

Gord and I went snowshoeing this morning before the snow got too heavy. I gathered a few more seed pods that were sticking up etched against the white snow background.
I thought it would be interesting to show a sketch done in pencil and then done with a stylus on the I Pad.
The first one is pencil. Sorry, the detail isn't perfect as I took it with the I Pad after dark.

The next one is a simplified version done with the stylus and the Paper 53 App on the I Pad. Simple lines, a little shaky, but translatable into stitching lines. Fodder for future work.

3 comments:

elle said...

You make it look effortless!

sbsudbury said...

Great sketching. I just loaded Paper 53 onto my Ipad. Just curious what type of stylus you are using?

beth said...

snowshoeing!? My husband just went a couple of weeks ago! He really wanted ME to go! Now....I'm wondering what I missed....????