Friday, July 20, 2012

another daisy postcard quilt

We had a break in the hot weather yesterday with a lovely (to me) cooling northwesterly wind. I'd been waiting for a good day to do some clean up in my garden and it was perfect for it. First, I watered a few things, cut a bunch of lavender to dry, and snipped a few flowers for a bouquet to bring inside.
 I've finished another postcard quilt, this time a daisy in pink.
 Something else I did in Tabusintac on Wednesday was to visit the graveyard across from Wendy's to see the gravestone of Charlotte Taylor.
The book,  The Nine Lives of Charlotte Taylor, by Sally Armstrong  has been out for a while, but I just got around to reading it. It's a wonderful adventurous book about a woman's life settling in the wilderness. And that wilderness just happens to be in the area where we live which makes it even more interesting.
Also, if you feel so inclined, you could check out my postcard at the Quilting Gallery and vote. Voting is supposed to start today and continue until Monday.

5 comments:

elle said...

Well you are looking pretty healthy in that grave yard shot! lol Sounds like my kind of book. I'm seriously thinking of a Kobo. I have way too many books. The daisy is charming and I'm off to check your link before the grand kiddies awake and spread sticky cereal all over! Happy day!

greelyrita said...

I would happily vote but, is it just me?, I cannot find where to do that at the Quilting Gallery site. I've tried twice. I never looks the same whenever I visit. I'm not a cyber-dummy but I find that site one of the most confusing EVER!

Debbie said...

Try this link to vote....
http://quiltinggallery.com/2012/07/20/vote-now-postcards-atcs/

Love the new card too....lovely as always.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love your little bouquets that you pick. The new postcard is pretty too. I voted for you.

Gill said...

Such a pretty postcard! I'm off to vote now!
Our weather is at last warming up and we've had a whole day without rain today!!