Friday, May 18, 2012

quilting the runner

I managed to get the runner sandwiched and started the free motion quilting. I'm anxious to try some of the new threads but I think this piece calls for simple quilting. I'd like to sit down to it now, but  a friend just delivered a bucket of hand picked fiddle-heads. Since I'll be on the go most of this long weekend, I'd better get them blanched and frozen.

You might like to see some batiks I've been collecting for my next quilt that I'll be making for my sister in law. The colors match swatches from her curtains and bed spread, and while they're currently not my colors, I think they're very pretty in batik.

My daughter is currently in China, having flown there last night from Korea. She will be doing the Great Wall of China marathon. She sent us a page where we can put in her number and track her in the race. It starts at 8PM our time to-night. We won't see pictures until she gets back to Korea since they don't allow Facebook there. I think it's just amazing that we can track her progress from here.
Finally, to all the Canadian readers, have a great long weekend!

4 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Hi Holly....the new pieces is look fine. mmmmm more fiddleheads,eh. I have the rest of mine frozen too. Picked rhubarb today; cooked some froze some...a beautiful weekend coming up...great day today mowing lawns and working outside..enjoy.

Gill said...

Holly your runner is looking great!!
What are 'fiddleheads'?? Some sort of vegetable??

elle said...

You know, I don't think I've ever eaten fiddleheads. I bet I'd like them. I planted ferns in the bush edge but they are slow. I guess I need the ostrich, not the native ones. Nice quilting. Looks like a windy weekend!

Anonymous said...

I'm getting all excited about receiving my stencilled square as I'm starting to envision a mixed media piece.

Sending all good thoughts on your daughter's China marathon!

Wishing you a wonderful long weekend as well. It looks like it's going to be a scorcher!

Stay inspired!