Saturday, November 12, 2011

machine quilting finish

Just look at the huge dressing that they put on my finger! I'm anxious to take it off but when I thought about it, I realized that the stitches are on top of the joint, so it's being protected with the dressing. I can sew, though I've been being lazy since I'm on antibiotics for the sinus. It's tricky to type. And boy my hand looks old!

I was anxious to sew today though. I finished up the machine quilting around the houses and started the quilting in the border.
 
I looked through some designs first, tried some samples, then started the machine quilting. Then I didn't like it and ripped it out. I tried some more designs on scraps and went back to the borders. I'm semi OK with it but not really happy so I stopped. It doesn't show very well that I'm doing starfish with meandering in between.
 I am still cleaning out magazines. I have 4 Quilting Arts, issues 17,18, 19, and 20, and 3 Cloth Paper Scissors, issues 2, 3, and 4 that I'm willing to part with. If you want one, leave me a comment and after a week or so I'll send some out. I might like to put 2 in a pack and if more than one person wants then, I'll draw names.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I haven't seen any issure of Cloth, Paper, Scissors so they would be fun to get.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

oh yes....maybe I'll be lucky this time, Holly...hope your finger feels ok. And we all think our hands look old...or I do...we are only as old as we feel...tonight(65)...lol...some days(35)....wishful thinking,eh..lol

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Owee!! Hope you feel better.
I finally added your blog to my list. I kept searching for the wrong words! I got it now. ; ) I do have those issues that are shown for QA. I own no CPS though, so if you see one you think I might like, let me know. I would love some! ; )
~Monika in Saskatoon