Monday, June 27, 2011

the sun is shining

It's lovely to see the sun , finally. I'm having a sort of quiet day today. I have a bit of a  of heavy head ache. Yesterday though, I finished up this quilt, so I can put it away until I'm ready to get it quilted. I have two out being quilted right now. This one will wait a bit.

I pulled out a charm pack and some plain cottons to make up a baby quilt. I don't usually like to work with collections but I couldn't resist the fabrics. I have mixed in a few others to finish the blocks.

Lately, I've been missing  the more creative side of me. I am finishing up a couple of my own creations, and I've been musing and feeling the itch to do something different.  I actually prefer to do more printing or dyeing on fabric and then seeing where that takes me, but it is a process for me that does take more energy and sometimes I just don't have it.
For those times, I keep the regular quilting projects on hand because it's easy to pick it up and sew a few seams. So, for the rest of today, I'm going to relax with some art quilting books and think about what I shall do next.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The quilt turned out great. I like the striped border. Hope your headache goes away soon so you can get back to the creative stuff you love.

Wendy said...

Looks great Holly...another one finished. You are moving right along!

Margaret Applin said...

Holly, I just checked out your blog and I am facinated with your work!!!! Your hand-dyed, gel printed and stitched pieces are fabulous!!! I'm definitely going to check back for more inspiration!!