Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Pondering the possibilities

This morning I went with a  friend for my once weekly swim and sauna at the Auberge. she asked  me to come see her Christmas tree on the way home. For her grand children's delight, she covered the tree completely in stuffed animals. She even took the time to add details like a knitted sweater and other things to the animals. It was really special. Her husband made dinner while she was gone and they asked me to stay.
After that I came home to my studio. The first thing I did was get the ironing done and cleared out. Then I put the first narrow border on the quilt. I've been thinking about Wanda's suggestion of Exuberent Color to add piano keys, but it just seemed like a lot of work! So that led to me asking myself  what if I just do small sections of piano keys in the border?
Finally, while swimming laps I mused about using up some of the smaller triangles that I still had left. I have put a picture below with 2 options. I'll do some flying geese blocks interspersed in the border but I have to decide which color and which way to turn them. If I opt for the orange, I have to turn them as pictured below due to the amount of fabric I have. If I choose the turquoise fabric I have enough to turn them the other way. I think I'm leaning toward the turquoise.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think I like the turquoise best! Great idea to use up those leftovers.